The Administration for Community Living (ACL) is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and is headed by the Administrator, who reports directly to the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). ACL’s Principal Deputy Administrator serves as Senior Advisor to the HHS Secretary for Disability Policy.
ACL is structured to provide general policy coordination while retaining unique programmatic operations specific to the needs of each population we serve. ACL is comprised of the following units:
- Office of the Administrator*
- Administration on Aging (AoA)
- Administration on Disabilities (AoD)
- National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR)
- Center for Integrated Programs (CIP)
- Center for Management and Budget (CMB)
- Center for Policy and Evaluation (CPE)
Learn more about ACL here.
Olderindians.acl.gov is dedicated to providing a forum for increased communication between Title VI programs. Particularly, this website will facilitate communication and information dissemination pertaining to training and technical assistance for Title VI Directors. This website intends to provide relevant and useful information so that Title VI Directors can improve their programs to better meet the needs of older Indians.